[dvlug] Meeting Today, Fri, Sep 24th at Caffe La Scala

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 15:18:13 PDT 2010

One again, 6:00 in Walnut Creek. This email has more than I expected.
We look forward to talking with you on the list or in person or on
this list. The art and wine festival going on hopefully won't distract
too much, or distract us all in a pleasant way.  A guest author will
be attending this evening http://twitter.com/writernicholas

Upcoming events of possible interest in the SF Bay Area region include:

* Sat, Sept 25th 10:00 Oakland - Pizza & Linux for Schools
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2010q3/008119.html

* Sat, Sept 25th 6 - 8 pm Santa Clara - Sold out Greg Mortenson
Fundraiser: http://www.ikat.org/bayarea/

* Sun, Sept 26th 12 - 3 pm http://www.berkeleylug.com meeting

* Wed, Sept 29th 6 - 8 pm San Francisco Noisebridge.net Linux
discussion group https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/LinuxDiscussion

* Fri, Oct 1st 6 - 8 www.dvlug.org - for a special occasion I will be
leaving early but you are welcome to join me in Livermore that
evening.

* Fri, Oct 1st 8 PM Livermore - Severed Fifth's first live show!
http://www.severedfifth.com/live/

An event I have been working for over a month already to organize
takes place next month.  The One Laptop per Child (OLPC) San Francisco
Community Summit 2010 - http://olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010/  takes
place October 21, 2010 - Sun Oct 23rd. If anyone is interested in
helping either before or during the event, please let me know. The
little green laptop I carry sometimes is a sample. I have a 1.0
version and a 1.5 version if anyone would like to see them at a
dvlug.org meeting sometime.  http://www.laptop.org  Our community
hopes that the Give 1 Get 1 program will be revived for Christmas in
2010.

Some Future Linux Releases on the Horizon:

10.10.10 - Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickReleaseSchedule

11.02.10 - Fedora 14 Laughlin -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/14/Schedule

03.10.11 - openSUSE 11.4 - http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Roadmap

unknown - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 (Beta 2 is out already) -
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/index.html

It's near the end of the month so there aren't as many events next
week as usual.  As most of you know by now, www.dvlug.org meets every
Friday from 6:00 PM regardless of the reminder emails.

Cheers,

Grant Bowman