[dvlug] It's back...

Robert Wall robertlikesturtles at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 16:06:47 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 22:05 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Grant Bowman (grantbow at gmail.com):
>
> > ...if you are reading this. :-)
>
> Yes, and I have the back postings from March 30 to April 14 that are
> currently missing from the archive, thanks to the kind work of Robert
> Wall in saving and providing them.  (I just have to try to merge those in
> carefully when I have time.)

Rick,

Thanks for getting everything sorted out. We really appreciate the time
and server resources you spend on us!

Everyone,

If I remember correctly, a few things happened while the mailing list
was down, so I'll make a quick note of them here for anyone who got left
out of the loop:

* http://www.dvlug.org/ now has actual information on it. If you have
comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know; the site is very much
a continuing page-under-construction, so criticism is welcome!

* We're now having regular, informal meetings every Friday at 6:00PM at
Caffe Le Scala in Walnut Creek. More details (copied from the webpage):

Purpose: discuss Linux-related news, have time for users to present or
discuss issues, "drop-in" Linux support if people are around to help
Location: Caffe Le Scala at 1655 N Main St, Walnut Creek, CA. It's a
coffee shop in downtown Walnut Creek. Free wifi. Good food (soup, pizza,
sandwiches; includes vegetarian options) and drinks.
Time: every Friday at 6:00 PM. Meetings generally last at least an hour,
but it's okay if you leave before we're done

Meetings are non-mandatory, not overly serious, and there should be
someone there every week (and if none of the regulars think they can
make it, we'll let the list know in advance).

And finally, if you didn't get a chance to mail the list and introduce
yourself yet, now would be a perfect time to do so!

~ Robert

--
Robert Wall <robertlikesturtles at gmail.com>
Web: http://www.rww.name/