[conspire] Flashing twelves

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Mar 14 12:49:14 PDT 2024

On 3/14/24 4:13 PM, Don Marti wrote:

> https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2023/06/instant-pot-
> bankrupt-private-equity/674414/

> Every once in a while, what's normally a rugpull economy ends up
> generating excess consumer surplus (microcomputers, flat-rate home
> Internet, original Instant Pots) and has to do a bunch of "innovation"
> to try to claw it back.

LOL... I didn't think of this scenario of the many I could expect and it
is not even the worst. As usual reality is a step ahead of your imagination.

Think about investing thousands of $ in your smart home, and then BIG
TECH COMPANY acquire small company and you invest more because they
promise to integrate everything (on their services and their services
only on closed protocols)... and then it becomes abandonware ;)

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net