[conspire] (forw) Drastic step to deal with DMARC damage (was: What the hey? I am still garrison.hilliard at gmail.com)

Fri Mar 1 15:21:48 PST 2024

[Akkana quoted below.]

> I'm also on quite a few mailing lists running under mailman 2 that use
> an in-between setting that changes the address but not the fullname:
>     From: June Blow via Listname <listaddress at mailman.example.com>
> and that seems to be enough (so far) to keep Gmail etc. happy while
> still preserving information on who wrote what.

That is the DMARC mitigation configuration that is available in recent
Mailman 2.1.x releases, but not in the 2.1.13 version presently
available on this host.

That is why I would like to upgrade-in-place to 2.1.30 or something
close to that.

--
Cheers,                   "Every bit of complexity you add is a failure point."
Rick Moen                                                -- Adam Savage
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)