[conspire] KOReader e-reader replacement software

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Thu Jan 25 18:49:12 PST 2024

Highly recommended!  The software that comes with my reader is
well-maintained but lacks in a few places.

https://koreader.rocks/
https://github.com/koreader/koreader

If you have a reader, or are thinking of getting one, consider
one of their supported devices. [2]

I installed it on my Kobo Aura ONE [1] by connecting it with a
computer (it detects as a mass storage device) then unpacking a zip
file into its root.  When the reader is disconnected it reboots.
Thereafter there is a new menu option which lets me launch KOReader.

Future updates by Kobo (they still maintain it) are non-destructive,
and I just unzip a smaller bootloader-style package to re-enable the
menu item.

I will check it out on Linux and Android eventually.

----

[1] https://ca.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-aura-one

[2] https://github.com/koreader/koreader?tab=readme-ov-file#installation

Cervantes • Kindle • Kobo • Pocketbook • reMarkable