[conspire] A sharp knife is safer than a dull knife.

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Sun Oct 22 21:13:04 PDT 2023

 You forgot the bread knife.
After I found I could get decent knives for about $20, I would up with 4, 5, 6, and 8".  It is nice having a choice depending on what you are doing, but I will admit that the 5" is somewhat of a luxury.  It came bundled with the 6" and now all the handles look alike.

    On Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 05:49:24 PM PDT, Syeed Ali <syeedali at syeedali.com> wrote:

 On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 18:05:24 -0700

> Brand names and problems appurtenant thereto aside, I'd suggest before
> sinking money into The One True Kitchen Knife, spend significant
> amounts of time learning, first, how to _use_ a kitchen knife.  I can
> tell you that many of y'all are doing it wrong.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoqVGdmVlKk

Along the same lines, most people also get more knives than they
practically need for everyday cooking:

- 4" pairing knife
- 6-8" chef's knife
- offset serrated