[conspire] Dicken's

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Nov 24 20:27:39 PST 2023

Hey Ross,
The Dicken's Faire was good fun. I arrived shortly after 10.  My time was divided between look at the merchants’ stalls. enjoying various foods and beverages and watching performing and singing groups. The stout must be healthy, since it is made from oatmeal.
When I first arrived, there were many open seats at the various stages. Later I had to wait a while for someone to leave.
Now I understand what motivates your attempts at humor, except these performers have their delivery really perfected.
At one point, I needed a “certain facility” and correctly guessed that it would be at the outside edge of the building.  I spied a sign, “WC”.   Such signs were noticeably absent in my most recent trip to London.
By mid-afternoon, I realized I had been around the whole place more than once.  It was getting a bit crowded and decided I might as well leave.  There was a line of new arrivals going from the entrance all the way back up the hill and into the parking lot.  These folks had bought the discount tickets for 3 PM entry.
So if you are going, I suggest you arrive near to 10AM and don't wait until the week before Christmas.