[conspire] (OT) geopolitics

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu May 4 14:06:20 PDT 2023

 On the subject of micro-targeted propaganda, a few years ago, there was a lot of chatter about something called "critical race theory".
The phrase caught my attention. I wondered what exactly is critical race theory? What is wrong with it?
In the news media there were many people repeating, "critical race theory  BAD".  No one attempting to explain (to me) what it was or why it was bad.   I eventually concluded the an assortment of bigots just wanted to have a chorus chanting the phrase.
More recently "woke" has taken over the shouting.   Again, its just a word to which certain people have been brainwashed to repeat.

    On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 12:31:30 PM PDT, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

 Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

> Ruben, assuming you vote Republican, Rick just thoroughly put you in
> your place.  Anti-Jewish talk and actions increased tremendously after
> Trump took office (as did bigotry against other minority groups).

Oh, by the way, do you _seriously_ think Ruben hasn't ever heard _that_
before?

After all the history of the past eight or so years, do you _really_ not
understand how micro-targeted propaganda works?  Cambridge Analytica and
its successors?

That gentleman is someone, one among many, whose emotional hot buttons
have been heavily manipulated by moneyed state and commercial interests,
who had those hot buttons profiled via software study of his social
graph and indicated likes and dislikes, and documented for tactical
pressing on his points of pain, and who also has been continually fed
tailor-made (and non-sequitur) defences against contrary information
(defences I've heard and could now recite, but cannot justify the noise
side-effect on-list).

Just to give the flavour of the thing, many of his defences involve The
Former Guy's son-in-law, and thus, e.g., cheeseburger seders at the White
House or whatnot, and several splashy but meaningless gestures in
relation to the state of Israel.  (Yr. humble servant was able to debunk
the gentleman's assertions about said latter gestures quite effectively,
owing to many decades of domain knowledge related to having been a
kibbutz volunteer with ongoing keen interest in Israeli affairs, as was
my father Arthur Moen before me.  However, the gentleman simply
summarily denied any truth in what I told him.)

Frontal verbal assault against that sort of heavily defended delusional
complex is an instant lose, and I'm disapointed that you imagined that
was even worth your poorly aimed appeal.