[conspire] (OT) geopolitics

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon May 1 11:02:40 PDT 2023

Syeed Ali said on Mon, 1 May 2023 10:43:56 -0700

>On Mon, 1 May 2023 01:36:28 -0400
>Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
>

>> * China and/or Russia could totally cripple the US with a fission
>> bomb a hundred or so miles above South Dakota or somewhere similar.
>
>A couple of years ago they began developing a hypersonic missile
>delivery system (over 5x the speed of sound) that is meant to be nigh
>impossible to shoot down.

I could be wrong, but as I remember Russia's hypersonic missiles are
cruise missles that don't fly high enough to effect a continent-wide
EMP attack. But what the hell, park a submarine off Oregon, send a
regular ICBM over South Dakota, and bang, the US is back to the world of
1910, which sure as hell couldn't have supported 300million plus,
especially since most modern US people have no idea how to get along
without electricity or devices.

Dang, 2/3 of my millennial kids can't navigate with a map, but have to
have a GPS give them turn by turn directions. What happens to them?
What happens to grocery stores when scanners don't work, we have to go
back to mechanical cash registers, and cashiers actually need to count
back change? The US has such an education deficit that we wouldn't have
people qualified to be cashiers.

SteveT

Steve Litt