[conspire] Public hike: Pinnacles National Park, morning, Thu. Mar. 23, 2023

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Mar 21 15:15:53 PDT 2023

Rick Moen said on Mon, 20 Mar 2023 15:02:20 -0700

>Access:  I'll be driving to the Pinnacles East Entrance, and then
>hiking one of the park's most famous trails.  Care to ride along and
>join me?

Maybe next time. I'm not in shape, and I live a little too far from
your house to make it by 8:30am unless I leave 4 days in advance :-)

[snip]

>Upon arrival at the park, I
>expect we'll do the iconic hike 1.5 miles to Bear Gulch Cave and Bear
>Gulch Reservoir, and then back.

[snip]

>Altitude change:  275 feet
>
>Average grade:  3.5%

Codger, huh? Big respect: 3 miles at an average of 3.5% grade. This
means there will probably be some 5% grades. And unlike on a bicycle,
it's often more difficult and more wear and tear to go *down* a big
grade than up.

The past 3 years I've lost 10 pounds a year. If this continues, in 10
years I'll weight 175 pounds. At that point I'll feel more confident to
go with you.

Enjoy the flowers, and know that I'm with you in spirit.

SteveT

Steve Litt