[conspire] (forw) I might need to change registrars?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Feb 6 18:34:14 PST 2023

I wrote:

> When I look at a shop like "easydns.com", I'm reminded of Deirdre's
> anecdote about a retail building advertising something like "Bob's Dog
> Obedience School and Taxidermy Shop".  (We'll get Fido into shape, one
> way or the other.)

As Deirdre just reminded me, it's a filk song by Michael Longcor -- one
he swore was inspired by an actual retail business sign he spotted
alongside an Indiana highway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsORBHjNxdc

Anyway, this song title has long been a metaphor in my family for
"business that's perhaps a bit unclear about its specific focus".