[conspire] You guys OK?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Dec 30 14:12:28 PST 2023

Deirdre Saoirse Moen said on Sat, 30 Dec 2023 10:14:24 -0800

>On Dec 30, 2023, at 6:04 AM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com>
>wrote:
>>
>> I've read about the freak waves on the California cost. Are you guys
>> OK?
>>
>All fine here.
>
>In the summer of 1983 I body surfed several 8 footers at Venice Beach,
>> and caught one ten footer. But 20 to 30 feet? Even in my prime I
>> would have run away. Those are the kind of waves that bust up piers,
>> tear up beaches, and flood streets and structures near the beach.
>>
>I was never a good surfer, so always stuck with knee slappers.
>
>Up here, Mavericks be Maverickin’ (60’ waves are not that uncommon,
>though 50’ are more so).
>
>I highly recommend watching the movie Step Into Liquid in the highest
>resolution format you can.
>
>Step Into Liquid (2003) | Robert August, Ken Collins, Rob Machado |
>Official Trailer youtu.be

Thanks Deirdre,

I saw enough of the movie to put it on my schedule to watch the whole
thing this weekend. Dang, watch that movie and body surfing (not even a
board or Boogie Board) a 10 footer is like programming a Hello World in
Python.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21