[conspire] meet.jit.si change (re: initial room creation)

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Aug 26 15:40:53 PDT 2023

Rick Moen said on Sat, 26 Aug 2023 14:33:43 -0700

>Folks wanting to avoid that extra step can, of course, do so easily by
>standing up their _own_ Jitsi Meet instances, which isn't difficult
>(and it's all open source).

Last I looked, putting a Jitsi server on your computer was a huge
undertaking. Only one GoLUGger succeeded in doing so, and his
implementation had problems.

The other thing is, to this day a lot of people don't have the upload
bandwidth to pull it off. I know I could do one of those Vultr things,
but that's hard too, especially keeping it secure.

NOTE: I'm just a programmer, not a professional admin.

Thanks,

SteveT