[conspire] attempting polite request to keep sodium levels down

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Tue Aug 15 20:48:13 PDT 2023

I have a stale project researching a home made electrolyte drink, and
as salt is in the formula I had looked into no-salt and low-salt salt
products.

These also happens to have potassium, which is useful.  However, my
notes say that potassium:  Exacerbates flatulence.  May interfere with
nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), such as ibuprofen
(Motrin, Advil) and naproxen (Aleve)

I can't recommend a salt substitute without trying it, and it can't
work as a substitute for all recipes which call for salt since some use
salt for the chemistry.

It's something I wanted to experiment with over the summer because I
wanted to spend more time outside, but I never got around to it.