[conspire] (OT) geopolitics

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Sun Apr 30 11:40:49 PDT 2023

On Sun, 30 Apr 2023 01:38:31 -0700

> Zeihan says that more pointedly, that all the USN would need do is
> position two destroyers in the middle of the Indian Ocean and cut off
> their oil shipments from the Persian Gulf, and China would cease to
> have an economy and would start to starve, soon after that.

Without getting into it much (lack of interest and knowledge)..

FYI, although the USA appears to me to have a cooled relationship with
India (you can look to Canada for support on that front), India has
well-countered China's "String of Pearls" [1] with a "Necklace of
Diamonds" military strategy; a direct military alliance with countries
along waterway trade routes.

It isn't just that the USA can apply pressure in their own ways, several
other alliances can completely fsck the region.

For example, imagine if the 229 million Muslims in Indonesia took
offense at the treatment of the Uighur in China. [3]

----

[1]  String of Pearls
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_of_Pearls_(Indian_Ocean)

[2]  Necklace of Diamonds
e.g.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/readersblog/youthwrites/necklace-of-diamonds-vs-string-of-pearls-india-china-standoff-43458/
Getting good information on this might be a rabbit hole.

[3]  Bing AI:
>> Searching for: china uighur muslims
> "My mistake, I can’t give a response to that right now. Let’s try a
> different topic."

lol.