[conspire] Fwd: [VanLUG G] Join Us at the Vancouver Linux Link Event on May 6, 2023 - Volunteers Needed!

Howard Susman hsusman at scsurplus.com
Sat Apr 15 15:52:49 PDT 2023

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[VanLUG G] Join Us at the Vancouver Linux Link Event on May 6,
2023 - Volunteers Needed!
Date: 	Sat, 15 Apr 2023 15:38:18 -0700
From: 	Nestor Balce via Discussion <discussion at lists.vanlug.ca>
To: 	discussion at lists.vanlug.ca
CC: 	Nestor Balce <nestorbalce at gmail.com>

Dear Team Penguin,

We are excited to announce that VanLUG has partnered with the Vancouver
Public Library Central Branch to bring you the Vancouver Linux Link!

On May 6, 2023, from 2 pm to 4 pm, we will be at the Central Library's
3rd Floor to answer questions and assist VPL patrons on anything and
everything related to Linux. This major event has been featured on the
Vancouver Public Library's Calendar of Events, which you can view here:
https://vpl.bibliocommons.com/events/6424bbd522222e4100331bf5

Additional event details can be found on these platforms:

  * Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/vanlug-bc/events/292641713/
  * Eventbrite:
    https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/vpl-linux-link-discover-the-open-source-world-tickets-618288506567?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

We are currently seeking volunteers to help people transition to Linux
and provide assistance to both beginners and technical enthusiasts.

If you are interested in volunteering from 2 pm to 4 pm, please contact
me (email address below) and Kim Kulak, who is leading the Linux Link
Project. Kim also champions the Surrey Linux Link initiative!

For more information, please reach out via email, and we'll gladly
provide further details.

Even if you're not able to volunteer, we encourage you to drop by the
event and have fun with us and the new Linux users!

Best regards,
Nestor

nestorbalce at gmail dot com