[conspire] (forw) Re: [kwlug-disc] Yubi key

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 25 14:48:47 PDT 2022

(No relation.)

Yeah, about YubiKey and all those thou-shalt-nots:  Screw that.

As noted in the thread, Google keeps pushing to eliminate passwords for
various Web services in favour of some extremely complex and
overengineered two-factor authentication thing
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebAuthn) that is problematic
for existing open-source infrastructure.

----- Forwarded message from Doug Moen <doug at moens.org> -----