[conspire] Meanwhile, in birdland (was: Anyone here looking for a s/w job?)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Nov 19 10:09:09 PST 2022

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> In short, a SysAdmin/SRE with a moderate amount of experience in the
> industry (I consider myself relatively young, still, but the mention
> of "10+ years experience" makes me realise I run out of fingers and
> toes before enumerating my own time in this job) posted a long list of
> disaster scenarios that keep folks like us awake:
>
> 	https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1593541177965678592.html

Deirdre brought that over to me, and I went through it in her presence,
blanching at lots of spots, because, yeah, that.

And yes, I immediately PDF'ed and stored a copy, while wondering whether
I should take the trouble to reproduce it in HTML rendition, too.
(Threadreaderapp says it can PDF a stored thread, but holds out the tin
cup for a "premium subscription" to do so, so I did the conversion
locally.)