[conspire] (forw) Re: Missing linuxmafia list mail

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 10 11:59:36 PDT 2022

----- Forwarded message from Fred Brockman <fbrock at att.net> -----

Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 00:17:44 -0400
From: Fred Brockman <fbrock at att.net>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Missing linuxmafia list mail

   Dear Rick,
   I was having a good time chewing through accumulated e-mail, at this
   moment Linux Mafia, when I realized that about two weeks or so was
   missing: roughly 2/15/2022 to 3/1/2022.
   So hey, I lose stuff about every 30 minutes. Checked:
   1) Online AT&T Yahoo AOL Verizon Oath backup folder where for about
   12-18 months Inbox e-mail has been transferred instead of deleted. At
   1% of storage quota so it's OK. No notable gaps for that period but no
   To: linuxmafia.com either. The web client search was set to search all
   folders.
   2) Online AT&T ... Oath Spam folder gets checked every day because they
   will gladly put e-mail from entered contact addresses there. Added
   conspire at linuxmafia.com to contacts just in case it looks at To:
   headers.
   3) Filters on my POP e-mail client had a glitch so e-mail was misfiled?
   Eudora has exemplary search capabilities and found no wayward e-mail
   including in the 3 Trash for aging mailbox that contains the last 12
   months of deletions.
   So I figured I'd pester you and see if you had any ideas. Seeing as how
   a picture is worth a thousand words, instead of describing the evidence
   please find attached a screen shot of the Linux Mafia mailbox sorted by
   date.  [RM: omitted from this copy]
   Hope all is well with you and Dire Red. Thank you for your help.
   Fred
   PS: Probably should have sent this to the server but other list servers
   I subscribe to really frown on posting circulation problems directly to
   the list . . .