[conspire] (forw) LineageOS and competitors (was: talk Digest, Vol 195, Issue 3)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Apr 17 00:04:55 PDT 2022

Time will tell how practical my optimistic hopes of having both
a real-Linux OS and a proprietary-friendly Android OS (possibly
GloDroid, https://github.com/rsglobal/glodroid_manifest/releases) as
alternate boots on my impending PinePhone Pro -- currently in DHL"s
hands on the way here from Hong Kong.  I'm reading about many problems
including proprietary Android apps (such as some banking apps) that
deliberately aim to not allow themselves to run on any "rooted"
(user-controlled) Android phone.