[conspire] external storage recommendation

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 25 20:52:01 PDT 2021

Quoting Josef Grosch (jgrosch at gmail.com):

> Debian installed on a 250 GB SSD drive, kernel then compiled with
> OpenZFS code, then create a zraid2 pool. It is possible to build the
> zpool at OS install time and have the OS boot off the zpool but that
> looked to me to be asking for trouble.

It turns out there are also clever ways to remedy the chicken-and-egg
problem of doing a native ZFS-only installation with a distro that has
no built-in ZFS, that are easy to find if you look around, e.g.,
https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/Getting%20Started/Debian/Debian%20Buster%20Root%20on%20ZFS.html

I'll admit I was lazy, in asking you without bothering to look.
Sorry-not-sorry.  ;->