[conspire] external storage recommendation

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Sep 23 09:52:41 PDT 2021

A couple years ago, when I last bought a laptop, I thought .5 TB SSD was huge.
Now I have returned from a trip with a camera has a .5 TB memory card.   I didn't fill the card, but the photos will exceed the remaining space on the laptop.
Obviously I need an external drive of some sort.  USB interface would be simple, but probably slow to transfer videos.NAS should be faster.  Some models advertise automatic backup and other fancy stuff.  Might I have difficulties with that software and  Linux machine?  Or multiple machines?
Comments?