[conspire] Stolen election narratives, CA edition

Josef Grosch jgrosch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 11:47:22 PDT 2021

On 9/19/21 11:15 AM, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 5:31 AM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>
>> [name redacted] • North Fair Oaks
>>
>> [...] plain old fake elections.
> What do you think is a "plain old fake elections"? As opposed to plain
> NEW fake elections? FANCY old fake elections?  plain old REAL
> elections?
>

> I have serious doubts that society will survive the next 100 years,
> Steve

I grew up in New York City. My grandfather was a precinct captain for
the Democratic party. Every election he and fellow party loyalists would
go door to door on a get out the vote campaign. I would sometimes go
with him. I can remember on several occasions my grandfather giving the
person he was talking to $5.00 for "cab fare". One time I saw my
grandfather giving some guy $5.00 and I said "Zeyde, why did you give
that man cab fare, the polling place is across the street ?" His answer
was "You never know".

Just in case no one has noticed, they still have elections in New York
and things still work, mostly. My wife is from Chicago, a city famous
for its corrupt machine politics but people still manage to live good
lives there. The point I am try to make, badly, is that politics have
always been corrupt going all the way back to the Greeks. The problem I
see is the GOP is playing full contact hardball politics and the
Democratic party had their balls drop off sometime during Regan's first
term. Where is today's LBJ, Tip O'Neill, or the Chicago Richard Daley ?

Oh, by the way, I am positive that none of us reading this will still be
alive in the next 100 years.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch            | Another day closer |
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com  | to Redwood Heaven  | Berkeley, Ca.