[conspire] (forw) Re: CA.US COVID-19 booster shots widely available for adults as of?2021-11-18

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Nov 19 15:42:40 PST 2021

 CDC and FDA refer strongly to the data presented to them.  Pfizer did tests showing efficacy of their vaccine.  Moderna and J&J did likewise.  For business reasons the companies didn't sponsor many trials with other vaccines, so therefore most of the science is for using the same medicine.
I had the biggest reaction to Pfizer #1.  I felt fine that afternoon and went about my regular activities.   About 2AM I rolled over and felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.  I reached with my hand and felt a lump.  I didn't recall major swelling being a likely side effect.  So I jumped up and stumbled around looking for the light switch and a mirror.
Instead of a flat bandage, there was a cotton ball.  When I rolled over that put pressure on the injection site.  Rip off cotton.  Shoulder isn't very sore.  The only problem was that I was full of adrenaline.  Of course I was a bit tired the next day.
Shot #2, being in lock down like everyone else, I had too much extra time so I recorded my vital signs every morning starting 3 days before the shot.  The biggest "abnormality was my temperature.  I thought "normal" was 37C, but I am closer to 36C.  Some people have said that 37C aka 98.6F is no longer considered as "normal".