[conspire] CABAL (in person), May 8th, 4pm-12m

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 10 16:33:08 PDT 2021

I wrote:

> This is the actual meeting announcement, yay!
>
> May 8th, this very next Saturday, will be that magical time again, a
> CABAL meeting.  In person.

Well, that was a whole lot of fun.  Thanks to all the many people who
came and made it a memorable afternoon and evening.  Special thanks to
Fred Moulton who did almost all of the cooking of marinated meat on the
propane grill.

I notice that -- it appears -- many people didn't take any of the
spicy rémoulade sauce, when they dished out the "New Orleans shrimp
boil".  That's a shame.  It's a really spectacular sauce.

Spicy Rémoulade
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Creole mustard
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon hot sauce
3 cloves garlic, grated
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground red pepper

(https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/louisiana-style-shrimp-boil/)

I'm sold on the concept of Cajun cooking, but next month I'll probably
revert to that CABAL classic, Rick's homemade pizza.

Anyway, it was really nice to spend time with _people_ after a year of
Zoom and Jitsi Meet.  Thanks again to everyone.  See y'all again again
again again again again again again again on Saturday, June 12th.

--
Cheers,                         "2021 showed up, and told 2020 'hold my beer.'"
Rick Moen                                                   -- @justinaireland
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)