[conspire] Candidate for tech. article of the year

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Mar 31 11:39:29 PDT 2021

On 3/31/21 4:39 AM, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> Here we can see that the author's financial troubles were part of the reason this was taken on and completed as a rush job.  Payment for the work was not a force for quality.
>
> Now, there's definitely an argument to be made that the default disclaimer of warranty in most Free Software licences is problematic, as "The r0ml" touches on in this piece:
>
> 	https://r0ml.medium.com/free-software-an-idea-whose-time-has-passed-6570c1d8218a

Zeynep Tufekci also has some good points on the software liability
problem (not just an issue for open source).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/13/opinion/the-world-is-getting-hacked-why-dont-we-do-more-to-stop-it.html

(IMHO there should be "productware" and "freespeechware" licenses.
https://blog.zgp.org/software-annoying-speech-or-crappy-product/
)