[conspire] Linux Foundation new open source software signing service vs signed firefox extensions vs TPM vs signed bootloader vs ...

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Mar 14 10:43:47 PDT 2021

Since we were talking about security of the software supply chain...

https://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-foundation-announces-new-open-source-software-signing-service/

Why requiring firefox extensions to be signed is a bad idea while Linux
Foundation idea is good and secure boot is so and so...

I've a rough idea about what's the difference but I've yet to fully
rationalize it, but maybe someone here has clearer, pre-cooked thoughts.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net