[conspire] The last email

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jun 19 14:02:03 PDT 2021

Quoting rogerchrisman at gmail.com (rogerchrisman at gmail.com):

> Will there ever be a last email?

If there is, it will be either spam or a 419 scam.

I have consulted my Magic 8-Ball, and am confident of that.

Meantime, I've watched with amusement for ~30 years as various trendy
social media interests take turns announcing "Death of E-mail Imminent;
Story at 10pm".  And, did you notice?  Every single non-email social
media service of any description wants to send you e-mail.

> The die is cast.

Alea iacta esto!

"Dateline: Rimini, norther Italy.  News flash:  Julius Caesar crosses
Rubicon River in the company of Legio XIII Gemina.  Civil war imminent.
Update at 10pm."

> I read yesterday that mathematicians have calculated a value they call phi
> that indicates the universe is conscious.

...and inebriated.