[conspire] Web server config to protect Google Chrome users

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Feb 13 13:21:00 PST 2021

It looks like Google Chrome is going to be getting a feature called
"Federated Learning of Cohorts" where the browser identifies what
"cohort" the user is in to any site that asks.

This appears to be a bad idea for a variety of reasons, but it does look
like Chrome is going to offer an opt out, which will look something like
either a Permissions-Policy HTTP header, or a meta tag:

I know that most people on here don't use Google Chrome, but I'm going
to be putting this on my sites, to protect visitors who do.

More info: https://blog.zgp.org/floc-opt-out/

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
https://blog.zgp.org/