[conspire] Wondering about reasons to keep landline phone now that wonderful rawbandwidth's DSL is no longer available at my location.

Howard Susman hsusman at scsurplus.com
Mon Feb 1 12:25:53 PST 2021

My experience:

Before:

     Business(San Jose)

         Legacy DSL from Rawbandwith--Worked well until it was no longer
offered

         Phone, Fax, Credit cards, alarm--AT&T land lines

         Web site-hosted by Rawbandwith-good job

     Home(Santa Cruz)

         Phone, Alarm--AT&T landline-Acceptable

         Internet--AT&T-Basic Internet-Totally unaccecptable-simple
streams paused

Rawbandwith stopped the legacy DSL:

     Business-Switched to AT&T. It worked for my meager needs.

Got fed up with my too slow internet

     Home-Switched to Comcast-Internet now fine, but

         alarm no longer worked nor did house phone

     Business-Switched to Comcast-Internet has a higher data rate, but I
really don't need

         the higher rate. Still land lines for all else

Now:

     Business-no change

     Home-I had AT&T reinstall the landline-Alarm now works, but the
home phone still

         does not.