[conspire] Wondering about reasons to keep landline phone now that wonderful rawbandwidth's DSL is no longer available at my location.

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Feb 1 09:38:55 PST 2021

On 1/31/21 11:06 PM, Rick Moen wrote:

> That means our fax machine is beached except as a funny-looking
> photocopier, but that was pretty much solely what we used it for anyway.
> Because, seriously, fax?

Our house has an HP laser printer/scanner/copier/fax, and the fax
feature comes in handy for two things:

  * plug it in at dinnertime so the telemarketers put our number in
their database as a fax number

  * fax CCPA letters are faster than the complex "dark patterns" that
some companies put you through.

https://github.com/dmarti/privacy-docs/commit/7117de8d711b513375b64a148f9df391273af3fb