[conspire] VPN

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Dec 8 04:03:48 PST 2021

On 12/8/21 07:35, David Vincent wrote:
> I've been keeping this link around for just such an occasion.
>
> https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

Yes... still while proxies would be a more reasonable solution for most
of the problems a VPN claims to solve... I'm not aware of such a
geographically distributed offer.

I agree with the "honeypot" thesis but I argue if once a government
agency has gone on a hunting sphere if this does make any difference.

I really don't feel the need to access geographically restricted content
with strict time constraint and this seems one of the few reasonable
uses of commercial VPNs.
But people restricting content geographically could actually block VPNs
and they don't care that much since many sites can and do block tor.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net