[conspire] Web spam and yandex forms

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 7 19:04:39 PST 2021

Quoting Akkana Peck (akkana at shallowsky.com):

> I love Rick's suggestions about chatty English captcha
> substitutes....

FWIW, I've always considered the implementation at Bruce Schneier's blog
("Schneier on Security") to at least _present_ in an elegant way.
If you're reading a blog comment, such as
https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2021/12/someone-is-running-lots-of-tor-relays.html
, down at the bottom in the leave-a-comment section, you see:

  Leave a comment
  Name

  Email

  [ ] Remember personal info?

  Fill in the blank: the name of this blog is Schneier on ___________
  (required):

  Comments:

Either "security" or "Security" is accepted.  Looking at the source HTML
(I know; how 1995 of me), we find that the logic is in a comment.js file
(referencing the jQUery library), loaded from here:
https://149400697.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/themes/schneier/assets/js/comment.js

At a glance, comment.js (a function that gets called from a Javascript
routine on the main page) looks pretty comrehensible -- for Javascript,
anyway.  If I had no better choice, I guess I might end up holding my
nose and trying to adapt that.

I'm confident it doen't need to be that complex, though.