[conspire] Web spam and yandex forms

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Dec 7 18:37:39 PST 2021

Quoting Akkana Peck (akkana at shallowsky.com):

> And I hate recaptcha (the number of hours of my life I've wasted
> clicking on traffic signal photos over and over, because Google
> *never* agrees with me about traffic signals -- I have no idea what
> they think a traffic signal is) and was very resistant to that idea,
> but I love Rick's suggestions about chatty English captcha
> substitutes, and the suggestions in the links you sent look good
> too, so I'll read through more of them before picking one.

I have a soft spot for that Dice CAPTCHA implementation despite it being
proprietary, because it's claimed to be adaptable to work on anything
_and_ because he uses a Creative Commons licence.  In other words, the
author is happy to furnish full details on how it works -- which is
extremely decent of him/her, and means it's a promising thing to look at,
if only to see a working example at no cost other than your time.

If I ever study it to learn how, I'll probably send the creator a
shipment of homemade cookies, even if I never otherwise use it.

> I confess I would have been unclear whether to try Faye or Faye W.
> for Faye's given name, on the theory that the W. was also given. :-)

Well, if I were -really- asking that as a question, I'd say "What is
Faye Moen's given name?"  You want to test for adaptive intelligence,
not ability to guess iteratively in the face of ambiguity.  ;->