[conspire] Heads up: Urgent need to vote in Sept. 14 recall election

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Fri Aug 20 02:54:59 PDT 2021

I got a notice earlier this week that my ballot would be arriving, and we're watching the post to pounce on it.

I've had to explain to folks around here who are upset with local council leadership that recall mechanisms aren't as useful as you may think: they tend to be used to stop progressive leaders from accomplishing anything, and that's it.  We had a petition go around to institute them for Local Authority positions, and I very quickly told everyone about the Gray Davis experience.