[conspire] tzinfo 1.2.7 ...

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Sep 26 13:52:10 PDT 2020

begin Deirdre Saoirse quotation of Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 03:19:40AM -0700:
> On Sep 26, 2020, at 2:52 AM, Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> >

> >> From: "Deirdre Saoirse Moen" <deirdre at deirdre.net>
> >> Subject: Re: [conspire] XML Considered Harmful (was: Acronym expansion, taking pity on the general reader)
> >> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 10:32:23 -0700
> >
> >> The other issue is fscking ruby annoyances I’d forgotten about, e.g., (when you have tzinfo 1.2.7 installed): https://twitter.com/deirdresm/status/1309245113034403841
> >
> > Uhm, ... on Debian?
> > ruby-tzinfo?
> > On stable, the version for ruby-tzinfo is 1.2.5-1
> > Let's see ... testing ... on testing it's 1.2.6-1
>
> MacOS, but because of this: https://pages.github.com/versions/
>
> If you dig deep into those dependencies, you’ll find 1.2.7 is required.

Jekyll is why I now have an antipackage (a package
with just conflicts, and no files) to prevent any Ruby
packages from getting installed on the host.  Somehow
I was never able to get any decent-sized Jekyll site
to preview the same way on two different systems.

I still use Jekyll for some things, but now
I always containerize the whole Ruby/Jekyll
stack, so that everyone working on the site is
more likely to get the same versions (example:
https://github.com/dmarti/smmd/blob/gh-pages/preview.sh
)

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>