[conspire] (forw) [skeptic] Vaccines are a very good idea, except when they aren't (was: Jab)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 23 13:39:43 PDT 2020

I forgot to add a couple of things:

> I should also mention, however, _another_ scandal that haunts vaccine
> development:  The 2017 Dengvaxia incident in the Philippines.
[...]
> The incident is so infamous in the Phillipines that, when I went to look
> up details, I found an online newspaper article that speaks of the risk
> that a COVID-19 vaccine might turn out to be another Dengvaxia, and the
> paper didn't bother to explain the reference:  They assumed their
> readership already knew.

That article is here:
https://www.philstar.com/business/2020/08/14/2035262/dengvaxia-scandal-haunts-philippines-covid-19-vaccine-rush

Excerpt:

  From 2 years to 6 months

  The science and technology department assured the public of a thorough
  study of Sputnik V, but the government’s timeline for third phase of
  trials does not invite confidence. Testing will be accelerated from the
  typical 2 to 3 years to just 6 months. To compare, Sanofi Pasteur Inc.,
  the French pharmaceutical firm that developed Dengvaxia, spent 25 months
  for their Phase III testing.

Ding!

  “The question now shifts as to how long will you have to wait to
  conclude the Phase III of clinical trials. What you need to see is what
  happens down the line three, six months or even a year after. Will there
  be side effects?” Tamesis said.

  To be fair, Co said a vaccine’s efficacy and safety provisions, even
  when already in market, is consistently reevaluated and updated. In the
  end, it is up to health officials to carefully evaluate whether the
  vaccine is safe for public usage with the information they have at hand.

  “There are many ways to accelerate it (Phase III). For example, if the
  manufacturer is sure of its product, it can start manufacturing already
  while they are still in clinical trials,” he said.

  “If Phase III isn’t successful, then it goes back to square one and many
  drugs had that happen to them,” he added.

Fortunately, our own Federal watchdogs are the gold standard, right?
Right?  Um, _right_?  Hold that thought.

More to come about the Toddler Administration's systematic attacks on
the credibility and effectiveness of our public health agencies.
Particularly damaged by these criminals is the CDC, whose many decades
of world credibility have pretty much been destroyed for fundamentally
stupid reasons -- rather like the Federal Aviation Administration before
it.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that it's pretty much universally
acknowledged that the Feb. 2019 _measles_ outbreak in Metro Manila and
nearby parts of the islands was fallout from the Dengvaxia scandal
causing such widespread paranoia among Filipino parents about vaccine
safety the the country had only 74% measles vaccine coverage at the time
of the outbreak.  (About 95% coverage is required to prevent outbreaks,
on account of the measles vaccine's extremely high infectivity.)

In consequence, there were about 25,000 measles cases and 338 confirmed
deaths, almost all of which could have been avoided with vaccination.

  In addition to boiling anger over the incident