[conspire] (forw) The fastest vaccine development ever

Josef Grosch jgrosch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 13:07:49 PDT 2020

On 9/20/20 9:45 AM, paulz at ieee.org wrote:
> Apparently I spent too much of my adult life working at companies
> staffed by responsible clear-thinking people who were good at
> developing a product and shipping it.  Now my daily contacts are not
> limited to people who were screened by HR and a hiring manager, I am
> having more and more encounters with folks who seem to live in a
> different universe.  To my thinking, their world is so bizarre I
> sometimes think I am living in some sci-fi dystopia.  Obviously people
> who have enough mental power to set up websites and want to talk about
> Linux can not be lacking in IQ.
>
> Apparently I have been too long in a bubble surrounded mostly by
> people who do critical thinking all the time. Can someone try to
> explain to me where these other tribes come from?
>
> No need to try to explain politicians.  Unless demonstrated otherwise,
> it is probably that whatever they say is based on political expediency
> of the moment.
>
> BTW, the link at the bottom of the original email is no longer valid.

You have had the advantage of spending large portions of your adult life
surrounded by sane, rational, thinking people. The magic thinking people
have always been here its just that in the past the only way for these
people to spread their madness was a mimeograph machine and standing on
a street corner. Then came the Intertubes. The great thing about the
Internet is every man is a publisher, the downside to the Internet  is
every man is a publisher.

In 1973 my family moved from New York to Norfolk, VA., home of Pat
Robertson and Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson and the 700 Club started out
on a bankrupt low power UHF TV station in Portsmouth, VA. The signal
barely covered the area. He somehow managed to talk the local cable TV
company into carry the 700 Club and he became just another crazy on
local cable access. It was only when  one of the big cable providers
picked up the 700 Club did his influence grow.

It's because communication, Cable TV and Internet, has gotten  a lot
more inexpensive and ubiquitous that the crazies have been able to find
each other and their madness is now a positive feed back loop. These
people have always been with us and we can't seem to get rid of them.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch            | Another day closer |
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com  | to Redwood Heaven  | Berkeley, Ca.