[conspire] (forw) [DNG] [OT] YouTube archivism targeted

Carl Myers cmyers at cmyers.org
Tue Oct 27 10:44:20 PDT 2020

This attack on yt-download is ridiculous and we should fight it with every fiber
of our being.  I've used yt-download for completely valid reasons for both
personal and work projects.

Attacking a tool because it *could* be used to violate copyright is an affront
to everything open source represents.  I can't even fathom what basis this
attack could be using, the videos are served by youtube's servers and downloaded
by other software (browsers) all the time, all this software does differently is
save the files locally for later viewing.  That's not against any laws afaict?

--
Carl Myers (he/him)
PGP Key ID 3537595B