[conspire] Saturday, Oct. 24th is (belated) CABAL day; also, election analysis is done

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Oct 24 02:10:13 PDT 2020

TOPIC 1 of 2:

Well, I utterly failed to have a CABAL meeting on Jitsi Meet a couple
of weeks ago, so we'll do it _today_ (Saturday the 24th), 4pm - 8pm.

    October 2020
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Where?  Here, via videoconferencing:  http://meet.jit.si/cabal

You will need:

o  Computer w/supported Web browser.  Best results reported with:
      o  Chromium
      o  Chrome
      o  Microsoft Edge v. 79.0.309 or later
      o  (some others, e.g., Firefox, might work but are not guaranteed)

o  A computer with mic and speakers/headphones.  Headphones/earbuds
   are recommended (because they avert audio feeback loops).

Upon joining @ that URL, your browser will probably ask if the page
may have permission to connect to your microphone and speaker.  Say yes.

If you haven't done computer videoconferencing before:

o  You can check your setup for problems at https://test.webrtc.org/ .
   (Don't worry about minor bobbles like 'Reflexive connectivity'
   getting dinged.)

o  You might want to show up 15 minutes early, to thrash out problems.
   (Problems are common during first-time videoconferencing.)

If you can't (or would rather not) videoconference in, via Web browser,
you can _instead_ join audio-only by dialing in telephonically.

Call-in numbers and access PIN follow.

PIN: 3654 3335 40

Country     Dial-in Number
US          +1.512.647.1431
UK          +44.203.885.2179
France      +33.1.87.21.0005
Germany     +49.89.380.38719
Netherlands +31.85.208.1541
Spain       +34.932.205.409
Canada      +1.437.538.3987
Australia   +61.8.7150.1136
Brazil      +55.21.3500.0112
Japan       +81.3.4510.2372
Switzerland +41.61.588.0496

TOPIC 2 of 2:

It was a really hard slog, this time, but I've completed my guide to the
November 3rd ballot:

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/election-2020-11-03.html

--
Cheers,                           "2020 is pulling out more plot devices than
Rick Moen                         a TV series on the brink of being canceled."