[conspire] Vote counting CA

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 21 21:56:26 PDT 2020

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> This is the plan for counting votes.  All ballots received at the
> county Registrars Office by Friday October 30 will be validated and
> the actual ballots staked in bins. At 8:00 PM on Tuesday the counting
> machines will process them.
>
> Next batch are ballots received from for in-person voting at polling
> places.  Lastly the ballots delivered after Friday will be checked for
> post mark date and counted after the other batches.
>
> So for most expedient processing of your ballot, get it delivered to
> the registrar in your county by Friday.

Very timely -- and it happens to be the case that members of my
household intend to do in-person voting on the Thursday or Friday before
Election Day.  This strikes me as giving the optimal combination of
positive confirmation of delivery with avoiding crowding by sidestepping
peak attendance.

Also of possible interest:  My ballot analysis is _almost_ done.
Sorry about the delays.  (There have been a few distractions.)