[conspire] Serving ads on a Mediawiki site

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Oct 13 18:17:44 PDT 2020

On Oct 12, 2020, at 12:18, rogerchrisman at gmail.com wrote:

> I'm a *bad* guy. I do *bad* confusing computing things. Today's
> confesion in other email--I tried to boot my computer
> several-times-over with the screen turned OFF.
>
> Here's another *bad* thing I did regarding serving ads on my wiki: I
> left a head script for AdSense live on my wiki for over a year after I
> had, I though, turned OFF AdSense.

I’m very sorry about the scummy company that you got entangled with, but I’m reminded of a former member of a coffee group I used to go to in Irvine, where one woman was a former dominatrix who’d retired to become a corporate trainer. (Cue joke here.)

When she got a new client, she’d ask them, “Welts, or no?”

If they hesitated, she’d say, “Welts then.”

If, at the end, it sounded like they objected, she’d say, “Well, next time you’ll know.”

Deirdre