[conspire] 45's treatment oddities and why men are dying at much higher rates

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Oct 6 01:51:51 PDT 2020

On Oct 5, 2020, at 11:59 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> An osteopath is not quite an outright quack.  No sir. Not quite.

As I just mentioned to Rick, I’ve had an osteopath as a practitioner at Kaiser, but it was in the context of, you know, checking out my actual freakin’ knee joint function. They use them as adjuncts to the surgeons, which seems rational, and it was overseeing the physical therapy that helped so much I never bothered with surgery.

But immunologists they’re not.

In reading the various papers about mortality estimates for what’s guessed to be Trump’s condition, given his age bracket and known health conditions, the 28-day mortality for those who didn’t receive dexamethasone was 31-ish percent. For those who did was 33-ish percent. :P

Anyone else note he didn’t receive any hydroxychloroquine? I forgot to mention that. Curious omission, given what a fan he was.

Deirdre