[conspire] Remember, remember, the Fifth of November

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Nov 5 13:20:05 PST 2020

 Tuesday evening, I was about to use the old cliché, "It's all over but the shouting."  Sadly the shouting has only gotten louder.
Prior to the Tuesday, a TV clip had someone from Wisconsin saying not wearing a mask was "self expression".  He went on to elaborate on his combat and seeing buddies die.  If my numbers are correct, COVID19 has now claimed more American lives and all of the US military conflicts since WWII.   Aren't each of those people as precious to their friends and families?  Many didn't have anyone to hold their hand in their last hour on a ventilator.
When the kid's were in grade school, each fall they were to bring a bag of non-perishable food with their name.  Fortunately it was never needed because an earthquake or other emergency.  It was put in storage.  Last week in June, those bags became lunch.  It kept them involved and also some practical experience of what actually kept from Aug to June.