[conspire] No, Ruben, stop that. (Was: Paying your con-ed bill now requires child sacrifice)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun May 10 13:48:01 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> You just can't pay your electic bill any more.  You either need to let
> them into your bank account so they can take money when ever the mood
> comes to them, or you have to sell out your privacy and rights (and be
> charged 3.00).  They will not take a standard check through the mail
> either.  They convert those to ACH...  I always end up running to
> downtown Brooklyn and paying cash... which of course, is presently not
> possible.

<hat="listadmin">
Hey, it's a _tiny_ bit questionable to complain about utility bill
payments 3000 miles away from the Bay Area, but not too far out of
bounds, I guess.  (This is not actually the 'Place where Ruben posts
tirades about the problems of living in Brooklyn' mailing list.)

But where I'd appreciate you doing much better is this:  You just posted
a _very_ verbose set of Terms of Service to a LUG mailing list, and the
irony is you're a Web site owner/operator, so you have really no excuse
for not posting a URL rather than the whole big honkin' lawyerly text,
and blasting it out to hundreds of subscribers.

Even if you were _not_ a Web site owner/operator, surely you should have
used Pastebin or a similar facility, and not blasted the TOS out to
everyone.

Seriously, don't do that.
</hat>