[conspire] Happy news

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat May 9 14:34:47 PDT 2020

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> Presumably you have confirmation of your budwood order by now, but
> their work may also be slowed by Covid-19 You will want some parafilm
> to seal your grafts.  A link is below.  There are many sellers of
> similar stuff.  Most grafters use 1" (25 mm) wide tape, but today I
> only saw 4".  It will take a bit of practice to figure out how to
> stretch it without breaking.  Also, most grafters use strips of rubber
> bands to hold things together.  I still don't have the hang of that.
> As I said in previous email, I use Scotch 33 electrical tape.  For
> deciduous trees during the dormant season, and cool weather, that is
> all.  For citrus, seal with parafilm and then make a shade out of
> aluminum foil.

I've received the grafts, and immediately put them into my refrigerator,
which I hope will be sufficient to keep them OK until I can do the
grafts.  I've been so backlogged with other concerns that I haven't
taken the time to do studying (e.g., watch videos) to study how to do
things properly, let alone to shop for any supplies not yet present at
this house.