[conspire] (forw) site update request

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue May 5 16:39:15 PDT 2020

begin Nick Moffitt quotation of Tue, May 05, 2020 at 10:12:39PM +0000:

> The "threat model" is mainly from browser manufacturers, who are deprecating unencrypted HTTP in a way that will make this document inaccessible to exactly the sort of people who may need it most.

On an HTTPS page you have to worry about JavaScript
from the site plus whatever third parties they use. On
a plain HTTP page, a transparent proxy can inject its
own ads, which come with JavaScript that the site's
webmaster never gets to see.   (Next time I'm at the
Oakland airport I'll take a screenshot of Rick's page
with the injected ad, if their captive portal is still
doing the ad injection thing.)

Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
https://blog.zgp.org/
Are you safe from 3rd-party web tracking?  https://www.aloodo.org/test/