[conspire] Correction

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 10:31:59 PDT 2020

We have a LOT of words we dont need, many originating in the ebonics
dialect and apparently resistance to adopt ebonic words into the mainstream
has become a racist act.
Its this excessive political correctness that brought the Cretin in Chief
to power.

And very soon, I am going to be forced to appologize for calling him a
cretin.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:31 AM Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net> wrote:

> On 25Mar2020 04:26pm (+0000), paulz at ieee.org wrote:
> >  While we are correcting math misconceptions, the word "decimate" has
> been widely used in recent years and the original meaning greatly
> distorted.   Decimate has the same root word as "decimal".
> >
> > Decimation was a draconian punishment of a unit in the Roman army.  1
> out of 10 solders in the unit was executed.   Details at:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(Roman_army)
>
> I forget who originally said it, but it was certainly someone very wise:
>
>         "Does the English language really *need* a word meaning 'destroy
> one-tenth of'?"

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker
"Face down, 9 edge 1st, roadkill on the information superdata highway..."