[conspire] Math guys Was: Re: Correction

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Mar 26 10:00:16 PDT 2020

I was talking to a man who I knew casually and learned that he was a math PhD.

Why did he become math major?  Well at his university, all of the science and engineering courses had a required lab component.  He saw the other students spending hours every week doing labs and writing reports that were only worth 1 credit.

I did not have that situation, and I enjoyed the labs because it was a variation from just listening to lectures.