[conspire] The true index of pandemic severity.

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Wed Mar 25 02:11:36 PDT 2020

https://www.wafb.com/2020/03/24/waffle-house-closes-locations-across-us/
> JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Waffle House has now closed 365
> locations across the U.S. due to the coronavirus pandemic.
>
> The breakfast-chain announced the news on their Facebook page
> Tuesday morning.
>
> While more than 300 locations have closed, 1,627 remain open.

Note that Waffle House is notoriously resilient as a business.  They kept their supply chains in operation during Hurricane Katrina, and famously remain open through tornadoes, shootings, floods, and other catastrophes.

I do not speak to their ethics as a corporation; but if they're closing 16% of their restaurants, then this is bloody serious.